Kepengen bikin homemade breakfast di pagi hari yang enak tapi praktis? :)
Beberapa hari ini aku lagi iseng nyoba bikin breakfast dari buku resep buat anak-anak sebenernya :p Kemaren aku bikin scrambled eggs with bacon on toast.. Seneng liat resep dari situ soalnya gampang-gampang (namanya juga buat anak-anak, haha..) and kalo pagi-pagi rasanya gak punya banyak waktu and blom punya full tenaga buat bikin yang ribet-ribet, hehe..
So, tadi pagi aku coba another recipe yang namanya Eggy Bread.. mirip-mirip kayak French Toast, but lebih simple lagi malah :) Ini dia resepnya.. Selamat Mencoba!
Eggy bread is popular around the world. In Spain and Brazil it's an Easter dessert, in Portugal it's eaten at Christmas time. This dish can be eaten as a savoury or sweet meal. Try making it for your family :)
You will need:
4 large eggs
240 ml milk
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
4 slices thick white bread, cut into triangles
2 tbsp sunflower oil
100 g blueberries (I used mix berries)
maple syrup, to serve (or another kind of syrup)
How to make?
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the milk and cinnamon and whisk together.
2. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish. Soak the bread triangles in the mixture. Only soak the triangles for 20 seconds on each side as you don't want them to get too soggy!
3. Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan on a low heat. Carefully place two triangles in a pan.
4. Fry the triangles on both sides until they turn golden. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining triangles.
5. Serve the eggy bread with berries and syrup or try it with butter and jam.
Source: "Get Cooking!" book, by Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2012