See, I am doing a new thing!

How long have you been a Christian?

I've been a follower of Jesus for almost 17 years and I've experienced so many things in my life. I still remember the time when I received Him in my heart and I got baptized. I still remember the time when I got so excited about Him and couldn't stop reading my Bible everyday. I still remember the time when He started to use me in a ministry and when He put His compassion in my heart for the lost. I still remember the time when He did a breakthrough and reconciliation in my family. I still remember the time when He healed my sickness. I still remember the time when He provided all my needs in miraculous way. I still remember the time when we prayed for the sick people and they were healed, or when we asked God for the rain in Cambodia and suddenly heavy rain poured down. I still remember the time when all God's works really made me amazed...

But the question is... how about NOW? After 17 years (or maybe more), are you still excited about God? Are you still experience Him in your life? Are you still expecting new things from Him? When was the last time you experience His miracle? Or when was the last time something happened in your life and you said "WOW... this must be God!"?

Pastor Yudah started his sermon in our church yesterday, by telling us a story about 2 Cambodian boys from the village that went together with them to Phnom Penh city in 2006. These 2 boys had never been to the city before. So, when they arrived in Phnom Penh for the first time, can you imagine how was their reaction? "WOW..." I think they were speechless and they were so amazed by all the buildings, cars, and everything in that city... :)

In Isaiah 43 we can see that the people of Israel also had that kind of experience with God. They were so amazed and astonished by God; how God helped them through the water and fire, how God did miracle things in front of their eyes. But verse 18-19 says:

Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!


This year be ready to be excited, to be amazed and to be astonished AGAIN by God! Forget all the things on the past, not only the bad things, but also the good things that make you not excited anymore or make you don't want to expect more from God this year. Remember that God still have something great to do in your life this year (not only in the past). He is not only God of your past, but He is God of your present and your future. He is still the same God who is able to do miraculous things in your life RIGHT NOW!

Do you still have faith and hope in Him?

Christianity is not a mediocrity. Christianity has to be full of faith and excitement!

So, let's expect new thing! Expect miracle! Expect breakthrough this year!


Philippians 1:6 - being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
THE PRESENT Blog Design by Ipietoon